Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
An organized crime group stealing luxury vehicles in Bulgaria has been intercepted.
The operation was led by the Sliven District Military Prosecutor’s Office as one of the members of the criminal group was a military officer.
Some of the stolen cars were dismantled and sold for parts, while others had their chassis and engine numbers manipulated in order to be resold.
Charges have been pressed against the alleged mastermind of the criminal group and two of its members, according to a media statement of the Sliven District Military Prosecutor’s Office.
The suspected mastermind of the group, who has a prior car theft conviction, distributed the tasks among the members of the crime ring.
During searches of garages and homes in Varna on May 19-22, police found cars, car parts, car registration plates, instruments and other items related to the offences.
The suspected leader of the crime ring and one of its members were taken into custody and the other member of the group was released on a bail of BGN 3000.
Police are gathering data for the activity of the criminal group and the prosecuting authority is to press charges against the other members.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed