Bulgaria Speeds Up Construction of Maritsa Motorway Lot 2 ahead of EU Commissioner’s Visit
Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Maritsa motorway is to be completed by end-May for the visit of EU Regional Policy Commissioner Corina Cretu.
The motorway section is to be officially unveiled during Cretu’s visit to Bulgaria on May 28-29.
She will inspect the ongoing construction of the motorway which is financed under operational program Transport 2007-2013.
According to initial plans, Lot 2 of the Maritsa motorway had to be launched in November 2014, but the construction works were delayed by heavy rains.
The motorway is to be opened to traffic in August.
During her visit to Bulgaria Cretu is to meet with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova, Environment Minister Ivelina Vasileva, and Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski, according to reports of Pressa daily.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Euro deepened its Drop to a new 20-year Low below $1.0200
- » Biden backs Turkey's F-16 request
- » IEA: Gas Consumption will Shrink because of Russia
- » Bulgaria: The Profit of Turkish Stream is BGN 83.5 million (EUR 42.7)
- » In the first Six Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm Generates 22% more Wind Power y/y
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June