Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
Bulgaria's tennis player Sesil Karatancheva reached the third and last round of the qualifications of the Roland Garros.
Karatancheva achieved this after defeating Maria Sanchez from the USA in the second round with 6:3, 6:7 (5), 6:1 on Thursday.
The Bulgarian was the first one to achieve a break, coming in the lead with 4:3 and kept the initiative until the end of the first set.
Karatancheva also started well the second set, establishing a 5:3 lead, but eventually she allowed her opponent to make a comeback and win the tie-break.
In the third set, the Bulgarian restored her confidence and conceded only a game to Sanchez.
Karatancheva, who defeated fellow Bulgarian Elitsa Kostova in the first round, will next face Tamira Paszek from Austria.
Paszek won the only encounter between them, which happened at the qualifications in Stuttgart in 2011.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside