Talented Organ Player Cameron Carpenter to Perform in Sofia
Bulgaria will be the only stop in the Eastern European tour of talented organist Cameron Carpenter. He will be performing at the National Palace of Culture in Sofia on June 14. Often called ''the Paganini of our century'' and ''the bad boy of the organ'', Carpenter is young, talented and reasonably eccentric. In fact, he is the only organ player nominated for a Grammy award in the Solo album category.
He is expected to arrive in Sofia a day prior to his concert - June 13, to hold a special press conference. he will be drawing ten ticket numbers and the people who bought them will get the chance to meet him backstage.
Meanwhile, the digital organ that the 33 year old musician plays, will be delivered to Bulgaria dismantled and will be traveling inside two 7,5 ton cargo cars. Four people will be in charge of assembling it and Carpenter himself will be adjusting the settings himself to make sure they are the right ones.
''The organ is my passion,'' shared Carpenter, who has often been compared to the unforgettable Fred Astaire. He is known for dancing with his whole body while performing.
The extravagant stage costumes and overall eccentricity has surely paid off, as the musician now has more than 100 self-composed pieces based on the works of Bach, Schumann, Schubert, and Rachmaninoff. Carpenter will also be presenting his brand new original program in Sofia, entitled All Is Vanity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. George's Day
- » Bulgarian President congratulated the Muslim community in Bulgaria on Eid Mubarak
- » Bulgarian PM for 146 years since the April Uprising: The most Important thing is Unity
- » Christ is Risen! Bulgarians Celebrate Easter
- » It is Holy Saturday, the Orthodox World Awaits the Resurrection of Christ
- » 6 curious Facts about the Alcohol Culture in Bulgaria