InvestBulgaria Agency Head Brags about 3.5-Fold Rise in FDI in Q1, 2015
In the first quarter of 2015 Bulgaria registered a 3.5-fold increase in foreign direct investment, according to Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of the InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA).
In a Tuesday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, Yanev said that in Q1, 2015 FDI stood at EUR 317.3 M, or 0.7% of the GDP, compared to a rate of EUR 89 M in the period January-March 2014.
He noted that March 2015 had fetched an increase in investment by EUR 52.8 M.
Yanev, as cited by the press office of the IBA, made clear that investors who were expected to bring investments of over BGN 400 M and create around 300 jobs over the next 2-3 years were about to be awarded certificates.
He added that in Q1, 2015 GDP growth amounted to 2%, adding that this was a sign that the business climate was improving.
Yanev reminded that Bulgaria was to receive BGN 2.8 B under the operational program Innovations and Competitiveness 2014-2020.
The Executive Director of the IBA informed that the agency was organizing a forum on May 28 in Sofia that would bring together all large-scale investors in Bulgaria over the past 10 years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%