Bulgaria’s Ex Deputy PM Djankov to Advise Greek Govt on Fight against Corruption
Former Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Simeon Djankov is among the key lecturers at the Emergency Economic Summit for Greece scheduled to take place on May 19 in Athens.
The summit is organized by the US-based NGO the Atlas Network, the Cato Institute, and the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.
The forum is to “present to the Greek public and policy makers a plan for an escape from the cycle of crises through lasting and sound structural reforms,” according to a media statement of the organizers.
Djankov will be the main lecturer in the panel “Eradicating Cronyism and Corruption”, according to Bulgarian daily Standard.
Djankov will advise the Syriza government on transparency in public procurement and will propose anti-corruption measures through budget instruments.
Thomas Sargent, Nobel laureate in economics, is among the top speakers at the event.
After the forum Djankov will attend one-on-one meetings with representatives of the Greek government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Odesa with Drones and Missiles
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings