EU Reps Vote on Immigration Control Policy
The EU will be taking a decision on an upcoming operation across the Mediterranean, as stated by High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini.
She made the statement prior to the beginning of the Brussels meeting of foreign and defense ministers of the EU. The main topic of discussion at the talks will be illegal immigration.
Mogherini noted that taking an overall political stance on the matter is of crucial importance. In her opinion there needs to be a mass operation that would aim at preventing immigrant smuggling and preparations for the program should start in the upcoming weeks.
Meanwhile, a according to unconfirmed information, the EU is not planning on deploying specialized land forces in Libya to limit the immigrant influx, BGNES reported. Furthermore, the zone of control will not extend to the territorial waters of the African country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes
- » EU Reveales Target for Green Deal by 2030
- » Thousands of Anti-Vaccine Demonstrators Protested in Greece
- » New Covid Restrictions in Greece