EU to Provide BGN 32 B for Bulgaria's Sustainable Development
Bulgaria will be receiving BGN 32 B through EU funds during the upcoming program period 2014-2020 for sustainable development. The main purpose of the program will be to decrease the differences between regions, as stated by the Minister of Environment and Waters, Ivelina Vasileva during the Annual Meeting of Local Authorities of South-East Europe held in Plovdiv.
''Our ambition is to avoid a zero year will be accomplished through the realization of projects by municipalities as main beneficiaries in the majority of development programs,'' she added, as quoted by Darik news.
The Minister added that authorities will be striving to ease the procedures, unify the rules and impose tighter control mechanisms so as to avoid any confusions and mistakes in application process for tenders. Vasileva added that EU funds can be extremely useful in the reform process in the sectors of healthcare, social policies, etc.
Over the past program period, Bulgaria has received and implemented more than BGN 7 B in the operational programs for sustainable development.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria