Bulgaria Reports 76.2% EU Funds Absorption Rate for 2007-2013 Period in end-April
Bulgaria has absorbed 76.2% of the total of EU funding granted for the 2007-2013 programming period, according to data published on the Single information web portal for Structural and Cohesion Funds in Bulgaria.
According to statistics by April 30, 2015, Bulgaria will have to try hard to absorb almost ? of the total amount of EU funds by December 31, 2015 or use state budget money to cover unrecognized costs.
Bulgaria’s government, as well as the governments of several other EU Member States, has requested an extension of the deadline for the implementation of the projects by 6 months, according to the BGNES news agency.
There has been no reply so far to the request from the European Commission.
The lowest absorption rate is under operational program Environment, at only 60% of the total, while the highest rate is under operational program Human Resources Development, at nearly 90%.
Bulgaria’s absorption rate under operational program Regional Development currently stands at 71% and under operational program Technical Assistance it amounts to 77.76%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria