Bulgaria Should Open Itself Up to SKorea Tourists, President Says
Bulgaria should become more open to tourists from South Korea who find the country interesting, President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
Bulgaria's head of state is on a visit to South Korea at the invitation of counterpart Park Geun-hye.
The President stressed South Koreans' "huge interest in Bulgarian yoghurt and Bulgarian high-quality wines. We shout take things in our own hands... since here we have a huge market that is not being used the best way possible."
"We are a name here and people want to buy. Bulgarian wines are demanded a lot, and we are not well represented. We could be much more effective," Darik Radio quotes Plevneliev as saying.
The President also called on LB Bulgaricum, the only state-owned dairy processing company in Bulgaria, to "think what [measures] and how they can take."
He added he would ask Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova "to think so that we make a special package with tourist services for Korea."
Commenting on the reason why Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev is accompanying him, he said that South Korea's KIA was interested in producing armored vehicles which Bulgaria currently needs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country