Bulgarian Spirulina Farm to Start Functioning in 3-4 Months
A facility for the production of Spirulina through processing algal biomass is being built near Bulgaria’s southern city of Pazardzhik.
In 3-4 months the company is to start producing the dietary supplement made from blue-green algae there.
The food supplement is used a source of protein and other nutrients.
The investment was made by the Magic Rose OOD company under a project under operational program “Fisheries.”
The total amount of the investment stood at nearly BGN 1.5 M and the grant amounted to 60% of the actual investment cost.
The company plans to produce around 40-50kg of dry mass ready for packaging in a closed-cycle installation.
On Wednesday the company received advance payment of nearly BGN 450 000 under the project through which it had applied for EU funding, according to a media statement of the State Fund Agriculture, as cited by investor.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price