Bulgaria’s Govt OKs Operational Program Environment 2014-2020
Bulgaria’s government approved operational program Environment 2014-2020 on Wednesday, according to Environment Minister Ivelina Vasileva.
The program is now to be approved by the European Commission.
Vasileva, as cited by the BGNES news agency, made clear that the budget of the operational program stood at BGN 3.5 B.
She said that the funding would go to improving the water supply and sewerage services, supporting the waste management policy, and implementing measures to preserve protected areas and improve air quality.
Vasileva pointed out that water supply and sewerage operators would be beneficiaries under the 2014-2020 edition of the operational program, adding that municipalities would also be able to take part in it.
She announced that the first calls for project proposals would target the water sector, flood prevention, and waste management.
Vasileva informed that the total budget of the operational program amounted to EUR 1 770 381 345, including EU co-financing of EUR 1 504 824 141 and EUR 265 557 204 from the national budget distributed among the following priority axes Water - EUR 1 196 M, Waste - EUR 288 M, Natura 2000 and Biodiversity - EUR 101 M, Prevention of Floods and Landslides - EUR 78.5 M, Improving Air Quality - EUR 59 M, and Technical Assistance - EUR 47.5 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Takes over Rotating Presidency of SEDM Process
- » Eurostat: Excess Mortality Rate in EU Highest in Bulgaria
- » Politico: Scandals in Bulgaria Come Thick and Fast
- » Bulgaria’s President Attends NATO Summit in Brussels
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together
- » New Procedure to Be Launched for Electing Six Bulgarian EU Delegated Prosecutors