Death Toll from New Nepal Quake Tops 40, Over 1,100 Injured
The death toll from Tuesday’s 7.3-magnitude earthquake in Nepal has risen to at least 42 people, while more than 1,100 others have been injured, according to the country’s Home Affairs Ministry.
The tremor hit less than three weeks after a previous quake near the capital Katmandu left more than 8,000 people dead.
The new earthquake devastated buildings already weakened by the 25 April tremor, triggered landslides near Mount Everest and spread panic in Nepal.
China's state broadcaster CCTV reported that a landslide triggered by the quake killed one person and injured three in the country close to the border with Nepal.
The quake was also felt across northern India.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon
- » North Korea plans to launch a Satellite - Japan prepares for a Ballistic Missile
- » Erdogan won Turkey's first-ever Runoff
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling