Death Toll from New Nepal Quake Tops 40, Over 1,100 Injured
The death toll from Tuesday’s 7.3-magnitude earthquake in Nepal has risen to at least 42 people, while more than 1,100 others have been injured, according to the country’s Home Affairs Ministry.
The tremor hit less than three weeks after a previous quake near the capital Katmandu left more than 8,000 people dead.
The new earthquake devastated buildings already weakened by the 25 April tremor, triggered landslides near Mount Everest and spread panic in Nepal.
China's state broadcaster CCTV reported that a landslide triggered by the quake killed one person and injured three in the country close to the border with Nepal.
The quake was also felt across northern India.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo