Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
Citizens of the Bulgarian city of Stara Zagora have started a protest against the planned construction of a farm for raising minks for their fur.
Close to 17,000 people have already signed the online petition opposing the project to be built in the nearby village of Madzherito, as reported by bTV.
The Danish investors have stated that they will be raising 400,000 small carnivorous mammals. The proper ones will be selected for reproduction purposes and the rest will be killed in gas chambers and their skins will be transported to Poland to be used in the fashion industry. The dead bodies of the animals will be burned out.
Animal rights activists, however, have stated that they will not be tolerating this ''barbarian act''. They also refused to accept the reasoning that the dead bodies of the animals will not be polluting the environment as they will be disposed of in an incineration furnace facility.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer with possibility of Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Afternoon Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunder, Hail is also Possible
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Weekend with Light Rains