UK to Hold Most Unpredictable General Election in Years
UK voters are set to cast their ballots in a general election on May 7 to elect a total of 650 MPs.
Opinion polls have failed to produce a clear winner, with the final Guardian/ICM poll suggesting Conservatives and Labor are running neck and neck, at 35% each.
This is a tough test for PM David Cameron, who has vowed to hold a in/out of EU referendum if reelected.
The same poll gives anti-immigrant UK Independence Party (UKIP) 11%, and predicts the Greens are expected to garner 3%.
Liberal Democrats (9%) are forecast to come fourth, and the Scottish National party is projected at 5%.
Alongside lawmakers, councilors across 279 English local authorities are also being elected.
Polling stations are to open at 7:00 local time and to close at 22:00 local time. Final results are not expected before Friday afternoon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » EU Roaming Rules Extended until 2032
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU