Boat Carrying Dozens of Migrants Sinks Off Sicily
Dozens of migrants have drowned after a new incident with a boat in the Mediterranean, an aid group has said.
The vessels carrying tens of people sunk south of Sicily, and a ship collected some survivors to carry them to the city of Catania, the BBC reports citing the Save the Children organization.
Italian coast guard officials are yet to confirm.
This follows the tragic developments of end-April when hundreds of migrants lost their lives after a boat capsized off Libya, leading to the deadliest incident in the Mediterranean on record.
Tens of migrants have also lost their lives in the last few days while trying to make it to Italy by crossing the Mediterranean, though others have been rescued.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine