Boat Carrying Dozens of Migrants Sinks Off Sicily
Dozens of migrants have drowned after a new incident with a boat in the Mediterranean, an aid group has said.
The vessels carrying tens of people sunk south of Sicily, and a ship collected some survivors to carry them to the city of Catania, the BBC reports citing the Save the Children organization.
Italian coast guard officials are yet to confirm.
This follows the tragic developments of end-April when hundreds of migrants lost their lives after a boat capsized off Libya, leading to the deadliest incident in the Mediterranean on record.
Tens of migrants have also lost their lives in the last few days while trying to make it to Italy by crossing the Mediterranean, though others have been rescued.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Warned of the Danger of "Imminent" Terror Attacks in Istanbul
- » The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran Suspends its Work
- » Dozens Killed and Injured after an Explosion in a Pakistani Mosque
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile (UPDATED)