EU Commission Transfers BGN 557 M to Bulgaria under Environment OP
The European Commission transferred BGN 557 M to Bulgaria for reimbursing certified expenses under the Environment Operational Programme for the 2007-2013 programme period.
With the latest transfer, the total funds allocated by the Commission under the programme amounted to nearly BGN 1.4 B, the Environment Ministry informs.
The Commission informed Bulgaria in a letter dated 12 November 2014 that the payments under the Environment Operational Programme will be renewed after an interruption of a year.
This was due to the restored confidence and dialogue with the Commission and the measures taken by the managing authority of the operational programme for improving the management and control systems.
Following the renewal of payments under the operational programme, Bulgaria was allocated more than BGN 438.5 M from the EU funds in six consecutive transfers between November and December 2014.
The Environment Operational Programme for the 2007-2013 programme period reimburses verified expenses to beneficiaries at regular intervals.
Between November 2014 and April 2015, the operational programme paid more than BGN 556.5 M to beneficiaries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria