Mines in Bulgaria’s Madan, Zlatograd Suffered Millions in Damage due to Power Cuts in March
The mines in Madan and Zlatograd suffered damage worth around BGN 2.5 M due to the flooding caused by the heavy snowfall in March in the Rhodope Mountains, according to Nikolay Valkanov, Chair of the Board of Directors of Minstroy Holding.
Valkanov told the Bulgarian National Radio on Monday that the mines had been flooded due to the power cut for several days on end.
He made clear that the total damage for the two companies stood at around BGN 2.5 M.
He said that the damage caused by the flooding in Zlatograd had been fully repaired, while in Madan almost all of the wreckage had been removed.
Valkanov noted that the situation in Batantsi was very difficult as there was too much there.
He added, however, that things were gradually returning to normal there too.
Valkanov explained that the lack of electricity for several days on end had caused the flooding at the mines, which had necessitated urgent purchases of pumps and emergency interventions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Day 398 of the Invasion of Ukraine: First British Challenger Tanks have arrived in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion