EU Commission Calls on Bulgaria to Upgrade Mining Waste Legislation
The European Commission called on Bulgaria to bring its legislation in compliance with the EU rules on waste management from extractive industries by issuing a reasoned opinion on Wednesday.
This largely concerns the Mining Waste Directive, which aims to prevent or reduce harmful effects on human health and the environment resulting from waste management from extractive industries.
The Commission sent a formal notice in January 2014 calling on Bulgaria to address shortcomings in its legislation, which may lead to lowering levels of protection.
As Bulgaria has still not adopted the necessary measures, the Commission responded by issuing a reasoned opinion.
In case Bulgaria again fails to implement the required actions within two months, the case can be brought to the EU Court of Justice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » MEPs Adopted a Critical Resolution on Bulgaria's Rule-of-Law
- » EP to Vote Resolution on Bulgaria on Thursday
- » Reuters: Split EU Lawmakers Rap Bulgaria on Rule-of-Law Failings
- » Donald Tusk to Bulgaria's PM Borissov: Democracy in Bulgaria Will Have Its Final Say In The Elections
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Thank EC for the Extremely Objective Report