Bulgarian Labor Market Needs Additional 40,000 IT Professionals
There is a professed demand for approximately 40,000 IT professionals on Bulgarian labor market.
The announcement was made at a conference - part of the European initiative '' E-skills for employment creation and economic growth''. The organizers of the campaign will be aiming to demonstrate that digital skills are crucial for career development and attainment of higher qualification.
Meanwhile, the figure in Europe is even more impressive - 1 million people, as stated by Vesela Kalacheva, CEO of the Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies.
The fact that there currently still are unemployed IT professionals merely means that their qualifications do not match employers' needs, as noted by Deputy Labor Minister Galab Donev. In his opinion a minimum standard needs to be implemented for people willing to work in the field.
Meanwhile, a number of local and foreign companies in the country have embarked upon further educating their future and current employees, deemed to have outstanding potential. Business, however, agree that on the job training can not substitute university education.
''No, it doesn't substitute the university degree and I don't believe this is our job to do,'' stated CEO of Imperia Online, Dobroslav Dimitrov, as quoted by Darik news. '' Universities provide something much more fundamental, we merely give a profession to people.''
IT sector businesses also insisted on improvement of the regulation of part-time employment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price