39 Bulgarian Municipalities to Be Granted BGN 1.7 B under Regions in Growth OP
The 2014-2020 Regions in Growth operational program, which is expected to be approved next week, envisages BGN 1.7 B for a total of 39 municipalities, according to Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Speaking Tuesday in Karlovo, she said that municipalities would be invited to submit projects under the program in June.
Pavlova, as cited by the Focus news agency, noted that the EU operational program provided resources for improving the urban environment, for urban transport, for energy efficiency and equipment at schools, kindergartens, and public buildings, and for public infrastructure.
She said that the program also envisaged a total of BGN 350 M for small republican roads, including second-class and third-class roads.
Pavlova made clear that another axis of the operational program envisaged support for healthcare reform, including funding for purchasing ambulances and for improving the infrastructure at emergency care centers.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister announced that another axis of the program involved tourism and tourist attractions.
She pointed out that the 39 municipalities which were beneficiaries under the program would be given the opportunity to select the projects.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2020 Rule of Law Report: The Level of Perceived Judicial Independence in Bulgaria Remains Low
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports