25 Officers of Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Dismissed
25 members of the staff of the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point have been dismissed.
Six customs officers, who were at work on Monday, received letters of dismissal in person, while the others are to be given their letters on Tuesday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
According to unconfirmed reports, Customs Agency head Vanyo Tanov visited the border crossing point on Monday and met with senior officials of the Svilengrad customs office.
The dismissal of the customs officers comes on the heels of a pledge of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to toughen control at Bulgaria’s borders and a demand directed to the Customs Agency head to boost excise tax and customs duty receipts and to collect revenues of BGN 1.6 B and more.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend