Bulgarian Police Detain Ten Syrian Illegal Migrants, Alleged Trafficker
The Bulgarian police detained early on Sunday a group of ten Syrian illegal migrants, as they were traveling through the territory of the region of Stara Zagora.
The illegal migrants were uncovered in the cargo compartment of a van. The driver of the vehicle was also detained.
The vehicle was spotted by a crew of traffic police officers in the village of Sredets in the Stara Zagora district, daily Standart reports.
The driver and the passengers have been detained for 24 hours and the investigation should establish whether the driver is connected to any of the human trafficking schemes.
The Syrian citizens, who had crossed the border illegally, will be sent to some of the refugee accommodation centres.
This is the third group of illegal migrants, which has been detained in the district of Stara Zagora in April.
Last week, the Bulgarian police detained seventeen illegal migrants after their vehicle was involved in a road accident on Trakia Motorway near the town of Chirpan.
In the beginning of April, another fourteen migrants, who had crossed the Bulgarian border illegally, were detained.
At the first sitting of the district security council last week, the chief of the Stara Zagora police department Ivan Cholakov admitted that since the beginning of the year the trafficking of illegal migrants in the region has increased compared to 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them