Eco Ministry Advises Tsarevo Authorities on Removing Concrete along Sand Dunes
After the initial refusal of the Bulgarian Environmental Ministry to recognize the existence of ''sand dunes'', Minister Ivelina Vasileva stated Monday that in fact that was the case.
''Grey dunes have been found in the Coral Bay, where two concrete surfaces have been laid in preparation of construction works,'' stated Minister Vasileva as quoted by Focus news agency. ''Construction works have stopped. A recommendation will be sent to the Mayor of Tsarevo for removal of the concrete from the site.''
Additionally, Minister Vasileva noted that the cadastral maps of the region are in need of updating. She explained that according to the current documents, the territories do not involve sand dunes, although they are quite visible on site.
The matter will be further discussed at the regular parliamentary sitting on Wednesday. Vasileva further pledged her support for the idea that the beaches of Delfin and Coral should become eco zones.
''What I found out from my colleagues is that all documents are ready and the tender for a concession of the beach can be launched,'' Vasileva added. '' In case the procedure is not completed by the beginning of the tourist season, we will be renting the beach out for a short while.''
She further commented the case of illegal construction works on the beach near the village of Sinemorets. Currently, the ministry is investigating the work done by the local eco inspection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NASA's Ingenuity Helicopter Prepares for First Flight on Mars
- » Pandemic’s Another Face – Disposable Masks Spark Surge in Global Ocean Pollution
- » Icelandic Volcano Erupts First Time in 900 Years, Attracts Thousands of Curious Onlookers
- » On 22 March We Celebrate Water – World Water Day 2021
- » Scientists: Mars Was Wet Planet Once, What Happened to Its Water?
- » Powerful Sandstorm coming from Mongolia Wraps Beijing in Apocalyptic-Looking Yellow Smog