Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
Over 110,000 Bulgarians will be vacating abroad during the first ten days of May. Traditionally, most of the people will be travelling to nearby countries - Greece and Turkey.
This year the cheapest offers have come from Turkey - BGN 198 per week, as stated by Chair of the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Evaluations, Rumen Draganov in an interview for Pressa daily.
Reportedly, low cost offers are predominantly for Kusadasi, Pamukkale, Didim and many more, but transportation and food are not included in the price.
A vacataion in Greece at relatively similar conditions costs BGN 280. Bulgaria has been holding relatively lower prices - a seven day trip to local resorts would cost tourists BGN 250.
A five-day stay at a Korfu island resort, however, would be considerably more costly - BGN 398. A travel to Istanbul by bus, three-days stay plus a mini excursion to the Prince islands is set at BGN 320. Meanwhile, the most popular Turkish destination for Bulgarian tourists - Kusadasi has various offers - between BGN 300 and BGN 600.
Prices in Bulgaria remain unchanged, starting from BGN 25 per night, the most popular options however, remain offers from BGN 50-60 per day.
Close to 220,000 people will be vacating in Bulgaria, demonstrating a decrease from the 340,000 people in 2014. However, the negative trend is blamed on the smaller number of the smaller number of days available for vacation. Additionally, it is expected that close to 75,000 foreigners will be visiting the country over the May holidays.
A positive tendency, however, has been noted over Easter, as approximately 145,000 Bulgarians chose local tourism, and 70,000 went abroad. Foreigners visiting the country were 95,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It
- » Norway: Mandatory Quarantine for People Arriving from France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- » Entering Greece by Land at Night Can be Done Only Through "Kulata - Promahon" Border Checkpoint