President Plevneliev Vows Bulgaria Will Assist BiH on Road to EU
Bulgaria will stand up for the EU retaining its full volume of aid for Bosnia-Herzegovina, President Rosen Plevneliev told his Bosnian rotational counterpart in Sarajevo.
Plevneliev, who is on a visit to Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina on Wednesday, met with the Chairman of the latter country's rotational presidency, Mladen Ivanic.
Bulgaria's head of state told Ivanic that Bulgaria was ready to share with Sarajevo its experience in EU integration.
He added additional sources of funding will be sought to help the Southeast European nation which aspires to become a EU member in the future but has been unable to get its economy afloat and to achieve social cohesion among ethnic groups.
In Plevneliev's words, there is "substantial interest... in cooperation" from Bulgarian companies, belonging in sectors such as pharmacy, energy and food production. He stressed joint transport and energy projects could be put forward by the two countries in the future.
Ivanic for his part said Bosnia-Herzegovina was relying on Sofia for cooperation, including for assistance in the export of local products, via Bulgaria, to Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria