Canada Easing Visa Regime for Bulgarian Visitors from 2016
Bulgarians who have had a Canadian visa over the past few years and holders of non-immigrant ones for the US will be able to travel to Canada without an allowance as of 2016.
In a letter to Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper said that under a decision by the Canadian authorities, Bulgarian travelers to the country who meet those criteria will only have to register in Canada's Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), the Bulgarian government said in a press statement.
This comes a few weeks after a visit by Bulgaria's new Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova to the North American country.
Harper is quoted as saying that the move "will make travels of many Bulgarian citizens easier," hoping it will also lead to an expansion and deepening of bilateral relations.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule