OSCE Reports Intensified Fighting Around Donetsk Airport
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine reported intensified fighting around Donetsk airport and Shyrokyne as well as military movements on both sides of the contact line.
This was stated in the latest report of the SMM, which monitors the implementation of the Minsk agreements.
The report, which was released on Tuesday, said that the OSCE monitoring was restricted by third parties and security considerations.
The OSCE monitors reported sporadic fighting, which intensified into general engagement on the western side of the Shyrokyne village.
There was tank fire, mortar shelling, small arms and machine gun fire occurring across a 2.5 kilometre front.
The SMM also noted intensified fighting in the villages around Donetsk airport, where the use of heavy weapons, including mortars, artillery and tank fire, was counted on numerous occasions.
The report concluded that the security situation in Donbas was fluid and unpredictable and the ceasefire did not hold everywhere.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » Satellite Images Show New Concentration of Russian Military Forces along Ukraine's Borders
- » Ukraine with a New Anti-record for Deaths Caused by COVID-19
- » Ukraine Marks 30 years of Independence with Hopes for Closer EU and NATO Ties
- » Ukraine Has a New Prime Minister
- » Zelensky's Party is the Big Winner of the Ukrainian Elections