UNHCR Demonstrates Concern Following 1300 Migrant Deaths in April
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees has noted that 1,300 emigrants have found their death in the Mediterranean only in April.
According to the inter-government office, between 600,000 and 1,000,000 people are still awaiting the opportunity to cross the sea border to Europe through Libya, as reported by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR). The country is a preferred smuggling starting point on account of its lack of regulations and the poorly secured borders. This could easily lead to an increase in the number of refugees attempting to reach europe, as stated by UN officer Sara Khan.
Another representative of the organization has urged European leaders to assist Greece and Italy in managing the migration crisis and to put a focus on the preservation of human lives during the eminent debates on the issue set to take place in Brussels on Thursday.
The UNHCR has noted the overall good start of the negotiations on migration issues after the action plan on the matter has already been accepted in Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Is ‘bright personality’ and Biden Is ‘career man’, According to Putin
- » European Parliament Proposed New Sanctions against Lukashenko’s Regime
- » NASA Boss Says US-Russian Cooperation in Space Should Continue
- » India Records World's Deadliest COVID-19 Day with over 6,000 Fatalities
- » EU Requires from Bulgaria to Improve Industrial Pollution Regulations and Taxation
- » Russia Bans Navalny's Organizations