Bulgaria’s Profit from EU Membership in 2007-2014 at BGN 14.7 B
Bulgaria’s profit from the eight years of EU membership stands at BGN 14.7 B, according to Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov.
Goranov presented the data in a written response to a question of an MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The sum constitutes the difference between Bulgaria’s contributions to the EU budget and the EU funding granted in the period 2007-2014.
In its eight years of EU membership, Bulgaria contributed a total of BGN 6.2 B to the EU budget, at the same time receiving BGN 20.9 B in EU funding.
The EU funding was received under pre-accession instruments like PHARE, ISPA, SAPARD, under the EU Structural Funds and the Cohesion Fund, under the EU Financial Tools for the Implementation of the Schengen Acquis, under the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, under direct payments to agricultural producers and under the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund.
The information provided by Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry fails to make it clear whether the calculations have taken into account the financial corrections imposed on the country.
In his reply to the GERB MP, Goranov also underscores that the benefits are not limited to the balance of cash inflows and cash outflows but also include positive effects such as economic integration, advantages related to the EU single market (including the free movement of people, goods, services, and capital), as well as political stability and security.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria