Four UNICEF Officers Murdered in Somalia
Four UNICEF employees have been murdered during an attack in Somalia, as reported by the organization's local headquarters.
Their car has been attacked in the region of Garowe. Information on the incident is still incomplete, but accoridng to preliminary information, four other UNICEF emplopyees have been hurt and are in severe condition.
An explosive has detonated on the portion of the road close to the location where they were staying and near to the UNICEF office where they were headed. Typically the road took no more than three minutes by car.
Currently, the UNICEF headquarters are contacting the families of the affected employees and is in the process of evacuating the injured officers.
There is a Bulgarian in the UNICEF mission in Somalia, but she is located in a different region, so she is alive and healthy, as reported by the organization.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » Elon Musk valued Twitter at just 20 Billion Dollars
- » Economists expect a Recession and High Inflation in the US