General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
The Sofia Military District Prosecutor's Office charged Bulgarian Brigadier General Dimitar Shivikov with malfeasance in office for ordering his subordinates to renovate his dwelling.
Shivikov was accused of diverting four subordinates from their military duties in Karlovo and using their labour unlawfully for renovating his dwelling in Sofia, daily Dnevnik reports.
In this way Shivikov benefited outside the legally established order and lowered the prestige of the Defence Ministry and the Bulgarian armed forces.
The General, who is commander of the 61st Stryamska Mechanised Infantry Brigade, has been released on BGN 1000 bail.
Shivikov became commander of the brigade in 2012 and had been one of the commanders of the Bulgarian contingents, which guarded the airport in Kabul as part of ISAF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5
- » Bulgaria: In One Day, Police caught 26 Drivers with Alcohol and 14 with Drugs in their Blood