General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
The Sofia Military District Prosecutor's Office charged Bulgarian Brigadier General Dimitar Shivikov with malfeasance in office for ordering his subordinates to renovate his dwelling.
Shivikov was accused of diverting four subordinates from their military duties in Karlovo and using their labour unlawfully for renovating his dwelling in Sofia, daily Dnevnik reports.
In this way Shivikov benefited outside the legally established order and lowered the prestige of the Defence Ministry and the Bulgarian armed forces.
The General, who is commander of the 61st Stryamska Mechanised Infantry Brigade, has been released on BGN 1000 bail.
Shivikov became commander of the brigade in 2012 and had been one of the commanders of the Bulgarian contingents, which guarded the airport in Kabul as part of ISAF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Arrested for Transporting Migrants on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: Police detained a Drugged Syrian transporting Migrants near Shumen
- » 92-Year-Old Bulgarian caught Driving without a License…AGAIN