Sofia Court Rules Bailout Punishment for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
Sofia City Court has released judge Rumyana Chenalova after a preventative bailout meаsure has been imposed in the sum of BGN 8,000.
Judge Chenalova has been accused of professional misconduct and document-related offense since January 2015.
Judge residing on the case Veselina Stavreva has only admitted the accusation of document fraud, and the professional misconduct case needs more proof in order to proceed.
The brother of the defendant who is also her lawyer on the case, Stanimir Chenalov, has also commented on the motif for the court ruling as extremely just and well-grounded.
Rumyana Chenalova will now have a three day period to comply with the conditions of the court ruling otherwise her permanent guarded detention could be demanded. The decision taken by the Sofia City Court can be overturned by a ruling by the Sofia Court of Appeals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation