Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate Remained Stable in March
According to the latest figures of the Bulgarian Employment Agency, which were released on Thursday, the unemployment rate in March stood at 11 %, retaining its level from February.
However compared to the same month a year ago, the unemployment rate registered a decrease with 1.2 %, the website of the National Employment Agency informs.
The Employment Agency stated that 361 511 people were registered as unemployed in March, which represents an inconsiderable increase of 335 persons compared to February.
Compared to the same month a year ago, the number of unemployed people dropped considerably, as their number decreased with 37 347.
A total of 20 725 unemployed people became occupied in March, which is an increase of 3719 persons compared to February.
The private sector announced 13 981 vacant positions in March, which represented 71 % of all announced vacancies.
The highest number of vacancies were announced in seasonal activities such as: process manufacturing, hotels and restaurants, commerce, agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
These sectors were followed by vacancies in real estate agencies, transport, storage and postal services, construction, civil service, administrative and subsidiary activities.
There were 2725 vacant positions announced under the National action plan on employment, the majority of them falling under regional employment programmes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Bulgaria and 20+ Nations in Ambitious Push to Triple Nuclear Energy by 2050
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Reports State Budget Deficit Drop in November
- » Bulgargaz Announces Proposed 6.5% Increase in December's Natural Gas Price
- » Bulgaria: 85% of Population Reside in Owned Homes
- » Tech Industry's Resilience: Bulgaria Foresees Slower Software Sector Growth