Investigation of Varna Hotel Collapse Continues
The regional Inspectorate on Construction Control in Varna has stopped all construction and renovation activities in the vicinity of the collapsed hotel Veronika.
A technical commission has been appointed that will be preparing an expert evaluation on the reasons behind the tragic accident.
The rescue works under the ruins have been stopped after the dead body of the last fourth worker has been found under the collapsed hotel. The manager of one of the companies involved, Georgi Georgiev in the demolition of the building has been detained.
The local Labor Inspectorate further announced that all four workers hired by the sub-contractor did not have work contracts. Additionally, documents regarding the works on the hotel stated that it will merely be renovated and not completely demolished.
Stefan Angelov, a worker on site told media Thursday that one of the supervisors had neglected safety measures and told his colleagues to enter the build and to start manually cutting the steel construction units.
Later, the statement had been denied by all sub-contractors.
The investigation is ongoing and all companies involved are expected to provide more information and documents regarding the types of activities they had been involved in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 38-year-old Man from Burgas was Detained for Hammering Pickaxes into Ukrainian Cars
- » A Bus with Ukrainian Citizens caught Fire in Bulgaria
- » 4 People Died in a Fire at a Nursing Home in Varna
- » Cuba: At least 22 Casualties in a Hotel Explosion in Havana
- » 36 years since the Chernobyl Accident
- » Facade of a Building Collapsed in the Center of Sofia (VIDEO)