Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Found Guilty of Bombing Boston Marathon
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been found guilty of bombing the Boston Marathon in 2013 that left three people dead and more than 260 injured, the BBC reported.
The 21-year-old former student was found guilty of 17 counts each of which carries a possible death penalty.
A federal jury will now decide whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should receive the death sentence or life imprisonment.
Even though Tsarnaev's conviction was widely expected, as his role in the bombing was admitted by his defence lawyers, they argued that his brother, Tamerlan, had been the mastermind behind the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » China Landed Rover on Mars
- » Italy Ready to Reopen for Foreign Tourists
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Israeli Attacks on Gaza Are Intensifying
- » Southeastern US Scrambles for Fuel, as Colonial Pipeline Slowly Resumes Supplies
- » Israel-Gaza Conflict Escalates, UN Warns of Possible "full-scale war"