Bulgaria Police Bust Suspected Organised Crime Group in Varna, Six Detained
Three members of a suspected organized crime group arrested in the city of Varna on 3 April 2015 will remain in police custody, according to BGNES news outlet.
Another three, who were also arrested on 3 April, could be released on bail if the Appeals Court rejects the prosecutors demand to keep them behind bars on 16 April.
The six men have been charged with being part of an armed organized crime group specifically set up to commit murders, kidnappings, production of narcotic drugs and trading in drugs.
Another five suspected members of the group, including its leader, are still at large, according to police in the Black Sea city. The leader is believed to have left Bulgaria while the whereabouts of the other four are unknown.
According to evidence available so far the group has been active in Bulgaria since 2001. According to prosecutors, evidence has linked the group to seven murders and two attempted murders, a string of kidnappings and battery, as well as establishing monopoly over illicit drug trade in northeastern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police