Ukrainian President Poroshenko Would Not Oppose Federalization Referendum
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has stated that the decentralization of the country will not be affecting several key areas - defense, national security, foreign policy, as well as the sovereignty and territorial wholeness of Ukraine, as reported by Russian news agencies.
The President further stated that Kiev is ready to organize a referendum on the question of the political system in the country, BGNES news agency quoted him as saying.
The new constitution is said to be aiming to assist Ukraine in becoming a part of Europe, Poroshenko explained at a sitting of the Commission on Constitution.
''Becoming a part of Europe is of extreme importance to Ukraine,'' he added. '' Therefore, it is very important also for the constitution to reflect the norms and principles of the European supreme law.''
In his words, the question of the proposed federalization can be posed at a referendum, since the commission has concluded that this is necessary.
Meanwhile, he added that a survey among ordinary people has showed that they are not supportive of the federalization idea.
''Ukraine needs to remain a unified country, '' Porosohenko concluded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poroshenko urges Bulgaria to Close Ports for Russian Ships and Calls for Arbitration over Gazprom
- » Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
- » Ukraine will Not Make Territorial Concessions in the Name of Peace with Russia
- » Day 91 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Separatists took over Settlements in Donetsk, Kyiv blew up Warehouse with 180 Russians inside
- » Day 90 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of Attacking Civilians, Zelensky with a Plan “B” if he gets Killed
- » Life Imprisonment for the Russian Soldier convicted of War Crimes