Kenya Responds to Garissa Attack, Bombs Al-Shabaab Bases in Somalia
Kenyan fighter jets bombed on Sunday positions of the militant Islamist group Al-Shabaab in Somalia in response to the recent terrorist attack carried against Garissa University College.
The military planes targeted two camps in the Gedo region, which are used by Al-Shabaab to cross into Kenya, the BBC reports.
This comes in response to the recent terrorist attack carried out by Al-Shabaab on Thursday against Garissa University College in Kenya, which resulted in the death of 148 people, the majority of them students.
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta called on his nation to respond “in the severest way possible”.
Kenyan army spokesman David Obonyo said that the army responded by launching the airstrike on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 648 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Killed Two Ukrainian Soldiers Who Tried to Surrender
- » EU Commissioner Asserts Rigorous Criteria for Bulgaria’s Eurozone Entry
- » US Returns to the Moon: Private Mission Marks Lunar Exploration Leap
- » Israel Pulled Negotiators Out of Qatar and Struck Gaza
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again