108 Dead Pelicans Found in Romanian Section of Danube Delta
The bodies of 108 dead pelicans were discovered in the delta of the river Danube on Romanian territory.
According to Romanian authorities, bird flu was the likely cause for the death of the pelicans, Darik radio reports.
Experts pointed that the pelicans found in Romania were of the same migratory flock as the birds, which were discovered dead in the Bulgaria's Srebarna nature reserve.
According to environmental inspectors, the bird flu is past its peak and the epidemic is starting to retreat.
Specialists from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN) carried out a flight with an unmanned aircraft, which did not uncover other dead birds.
The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency (BABH) has taken measures to contain the spread of the disease by declaring a three-kilometre preventive and ten-kilometre monitored zones.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Bus with 35 People Crashed in Montenegro: At least Three People Died
- » Romania will Not Import Ukrainian Grain for another 30 days