Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
The Bulgarian government allocated BGN 14 M for addressing the consequences of the heavy snowfall and floods in the past months.
This was decided at the regular meeting of the Council of Ministers on Wednesday, the government's press service reports.
The funds are allocated for covering the expenses incurred from clearance of the road infrastructure, the construction of temporary dikes and the cleaning of critical sections of river beds.
Funds are also foreseen for the execution of several landslide mitigation projects, which will reinforce landslides that activated following the abundant precipitations.
The funds will reinforce the landslides in the Veselchane quarter in the town of Kardzhali, sections of the road between Plovdiv and Asenovgrad, as well as the reservoir in the town of Oryahovo.
A considerable part of the funds is allocated for restoring the water supply systems and facilities in the four most heavily affected districts of Kardzhali, Haskovo, Smolyan and Pazardzhik.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm this Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny in the Morning, in the Afternoon - some Rainfall