Romanian President Appoints New Finance Minister
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis appointed on Monday Eugen Teodorovici as the country's new Finance Minister.
The inauguration ceremony of Teodorovici, who succeeded resigned Darius Valcov, took place at the Cotroceni Palace, AGERPRES news agency reports.
Valcov resigned after he was accused of bribery during his term as mayor of the Romanian city of Slatina, when he secured tender contracts for a local company in exchange for nearly EUR 2 M.
Iohannis wished success to both Teodorovici and Marius Nica, who was appointed as European Funds Minister.
The inauguration ceremony was also attended by Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta and the leaders of the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen
- » Rutte: Next year, Bulgaria can take Steps Forward on its way to Schengen
- » European countries increase Trade with Russia, despite the War and Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria has ensured even better Protection of the EU External Borders than in the First Inspection
- » Von der Leyen: EU must adapt its Rules in response to US Subsidies
- » The European Liberals declared for the simultaneous acceptance of Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia in Schengen