Romanian President Appoints New Finance Minister
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis appointed on Monday Eugen Teodorovici as the country's new Finance Minister.
The inauguration ceremony of Teodorovici, who succeeded resigned Darius Valcov, took place at the Cotroceni Palace, AGERPRES news agency reports.
Valcov resigned after he was accused of bribery during his term as mayor of the Romanian city of Slatina, when he secured tender contracts for a local company in exchange for nearly EUR 2 M.
Iohannis wished success to both Teodorovici and Marius Nica, who was appointed as European Funds Minister.
The inauguration ceremony was also attended by Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta and the leaders of the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Proposed an Armaments Plan to Ensure the Security of the EU
- » Von der Leyen: EU plans €300 billion Investment to get rid of Russian Fossil Fuels
- » The Red Cross has accused Europe of "Double Standards" with Ukrainian Refugees
- » Hungary is Not Giving In to the Oil Embargo Against Russia, Asks EU for up to €18 Billion
- » European Fashion Council with a Historic Contribution to the United Europe
- » The EC is Considering Limiting the Price of Gas in Europe in Emergency Situations