Metro Extension to Business Park Sofia to Open on 8 May
The Metro extension to Business Park Sofia will open for passengers on 8 May, according to Stoyan Bratoev, director of the Sofia underground railway system.
Local Presa daily quoted Bratoev as saying the two new extensions to the Red Line – to the Business Park in the southeastern outskirts of the city close to the outer ring road, and the international airport in the northeastern part of Bulgaria’s capital – cost a combined EUR 119 M in EU funding.
The average price of one kilometer of the underground sections of the two extensions is EUR 17 M, while a kilometer of the surface sections costs EUR 11.4 M.
Empty metro trains are already travelling in trial runs on the extension to the airport which comprises four new stations starting at Tzarigradsko Shose, the main road connecting Sofia to Trakia motorway and Bulgaria’s second biggest city of Plovdiv.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Bulgaria and 20+ Nations in Ambitious Push to Triple Nuclear Energy by 2050
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Reports State Budget Deficit Drop in November
- » Bulgargaz Announces Proposed 6.5% Increase in December's Natural Gas Price
- » Bulgaria: 85% of Population Reside in Owned Homes
- » Tech Industry's Resilience: Bulgaria Foresees Slower Software Sector Growth