Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
The Scottish band Red Hot Chilli Pipers that is expected to arrive for a first-time performance in Bulgaria at the opening of the 20th annual Salon of Arts at the Sofia National Palace of Culture sent a video greeting to their fans.
Ten Bulgarian bagpipe players will also take part in the show and the culmination of the night will be a live performance by the legendary Valya Balkanska.
''Bagpipes still have the power to scare the opponents just like it used to be in the past,'' said member of the band, Kevin Macdonald. Bagpipes have largely been considered weapons of war, as they were inspiring warriors and scaring opponents on the battlefield.
The musicians always aim at bringing that excitement to the audience and often describe their style as ''bagrock'' - a unique blend of traditional Scottish music and pop and rock hits.
At the show scheduled for May 11, the Bulgarian audience will have the chance to hear the all-time hits Thunderstruck by AC/DC, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, as well as perhaps Coldplay tracks in completely new and noisy covers.
Kevin Macdonald has often stated in interviews that people coming to see the Red Hot Chilli Pipers with ''open minds'' are guaranteed to leave the show inspired.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 114 Years of Independence
- » Unification of Bulgaria: Celebrations were held in Plovdiv and Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 137 years since Unification
- » “Book Alley” in Sofia begins with Record Number of Publishers