Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
Croatian Culture Minister Andrea Zlatar Violic resigned on Wednesday over financial irregularities concerning her use of the ministry's funds.
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic accepted the resignation of Violic, who apologised for her inadequate control and non-compliance with financial regulations.
Violic admitted taking EUR 6400 from the ministry's credit cards in 2013, which she later returned in installments, the Balkan Insight reports.
In her letter of resignation, she accepted responsibility for the irregularities, but said that the funds were not misused.
Violic dismissed accusations that the cash was used for travel that never occurred and for which no travel receipts were presented.
The government will soon appoint the new Culture Minister, the likely candidate being her deputy – Berislav Sipus.
This is the ninth minister to resign since the government of Prime Minister Milanovic entered into office less than three and a half years ago.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia