Cool Summer of 2014 Lowered Beer Consumption in Bulgaria by 5 %
The unusually cool and rainy summer of 2014 lowered the sales of Bulgarian brewers and the consumption of beer by 5 %.
This was announced by the Union of Brewers in Bulgaria, who stated that they had sold 4 873 350 hectolitres of beer in 2014.
The brewers continued to expand their portfolio as they released ten new brands in 2014, daily Dnevnik reports.
According to a survey conducted among beer consumers, 28 % of Bulgarians labelled beer as a modern drink, while 36 % of the respondents pointed to it as their most suitable drink.
For more than one third of the respondents beer is a preferred drink, while 31 % of Bulgarians think that its moderate consumption could be part of a healthy lifestyle.
The brewers made capital investments amounting to over BGN 73 M in 2014, which is a significant increase compared to the BGN 57 M that had been invested in the sector a year earlier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided to all Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710
- » Health Minister Katsarov: 1.5 Million Tests have been Provided to the Bulgarian Education System