New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
The biggest worldwide network for short films, Future Shorts will present its spring selection in over 100 countries and 300 cities globally.
Sofia is among the places chosen to host the event on April 7 and will present seven short films, as reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The awarded Bulgarian film Pride and the Oscar-nominated The Missing Scarf will both be featured in the program.
The Spring edition of Future Shorts will involve 2 animations, 1 music video, three short feature films and one video-art piece, all of which award-winners and nominees.
Pavel Vesnakov's film Pride has won the Grand Prix award at the prestigious Clermont-Ferrand festival, a Bulgarian Golden Rose award, and a nomination for the European film awards.
The computer animation entitled The Missing Scarf has 16 international awards, apart from its prestigious Oscar nomination in 2014.
Another focal point in the festival will be Mynarski Death Plummet -a hand-drawn tale of the last minutes of the life of a WWII survivor. The short movie has also been nominated for the big prize at the Sundance Film Festival 2015.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia